August 14th, 2:03am August 14th, 2:10am Abhinav Pathak22, Game of Thrones geek, Passionate Fiction Writer and the author of ‘Gopalkant’s Wife’.
In the recent months, we’ve heard the news of Game of Thrones season 8 wrapping up with a grand wrap-up party, cast members discussing their plans after the series ends, and even the confirmation of the of airing schedule by Casey Bloys. But, speculations for the end-game can be made on the basis of what we know so far and the filming details. Today, we bring you all the filming details we know so far [FILMING SPOILERS AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION]:
- Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne), Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and more, started showing up in Belfast.
- Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Iain Glen (Jorah), Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd) along with Kit Harington and Gwendoline Christie were spotted in Belfast again.
- Reports of filming at Wolf Hill Quarry came out, which was used to film the epic Ice Lake Battle in season 7.
- A video revealed trebuchet tests in action on the giant set in the Titanic Quarter in Belfast, Northern Ireland., via @a_red_priestess on Twitter.
- A pink sign was spotted near exterior Winterfell set at Moneyglass, Northern Ireland. A new scene with the Unsullied army was reportedly being filmed in Toome, near the Winterfell set. More building constructions at the Titanic Studios.
- Filming at Moneyglass set began in full swing. The set was upgraded with more added walls and reinforcements via @alinastark.
- Filming and green screens were reported at Winterfell set, near Moneyglass studio via Oakleaf Photography.
- More photos of the giant set at Titanic Studios appeared and a new enormous tower was also seen on the set.
- A report said that a minor character filmed on the Winterfell set at Moneyglass. Director David Nutter was also seen on the set.
- Carice Van Houten who plays Melisandre was reported to be filming. She also shared an update in her Instagram story which was later taken down.
- Some night scenes were being shot at an illuminated Winterfell set at Moneyglass, Toome.
- A mysterious CGI made figure appeared atop King’s Landing set in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Peter Dinklage(Tyrion Lannister) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark ) were sighted in Belfast. Some new details were revealed about a scene shot in an old set used for the Crypts of Winterfell.
- A shock for Game of Thrones fans: the entire Winterfell set was set ablaze by the production team.
- Several cast members of Game of Thrones were seen together including Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Gwendoline Christie and Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) and others.
- Lena Headey(Cersei Lannister) and Kit Harington were seen filming together in Dubrovnik, Croatia along with the actor who plays the Mountain. Lena was seen in a new costume. The director David Nutter along with the producers David and Dan was also seen.
- Giant twin towers were also spotted at the King’s Landing set in Belfast’s Titanic Studio.
- A new set was set up at Magheramorne Quarry, where a giant green screen had been set up. Pictures by Oakleaf photography revealed Unsullied lined up with their spears.
- GOTlikelocations on twitter reported pink signs appearing around the Linen Mill Studios, along with increased activities around the set which was previously used as a prime location for depicting Riverrun, Winterfell, and the Three-Eyed Raven’s Cave.
- We got shot of the ship set seen back in Season 7 in the scenes where Euron Greyjoy attacked Yara Greyjoy‘s fleet.
Also, a clip of some action sequence was revealed although it can’t be truly said who is involved in it.
- Fresco Films requested to use the Arena, the Fossa Bestiaria and the Amphitheater Grandstand and Galleries, which confirmed that the Dragonpit scenes will be filmed for season 8.
- Unsullied soldiers were spotted filming at Magheramorne Quarry set. Trebuchets testing was also sighted just like at the set of King’s Landing.
- A huge crossbow in action was spotted at the King’s Landing set, Titanic Studios, Belfast.
- Los Siete Reinos posted pictures of a castle on the set, blood red in colour. The castle was later confirmed to be a part of the Red Keep.
- The filming on the set of Dragonpit started, which was earlier supposed to be shot between April 23rd to May 19th.
- A new leaked footage revealed Unsullied and Dothraki soldiers marching together to a filming location, probably King’s Landing.
- A quick filming by Game of Thrones production team was done. Possibly, we can have a scene or two from the Iron Islands in Season 8.
- Wilf Scolding, the actor who played Rhaegar Targaryen in the seventh shared an image of his in Belfast on his Instagram account.
- Main cast members including Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Peter Dinklage, and others arrived in Seville, Spain where dragon pit scenes are filmed. The filming was wrapped up on the 18th of May.
- An army of archers was spotted filming on a tower of the giant set of King’s Landing in Titanic Studios, Belfast.
- Dothraki extras were seen mounted on horses, at the Lessans Riding Stables, in an Instagram picture.
- Smoke was seen rising from the set of King’s Landing in Belfast. The castle being used for the Red Keep got repainted.
- The production team returned to a previously used location, Cushendun Caves.
- The production team returned to Magheramorne Quarry for filming more scenes which involved the use of green screens widely.
- Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) confirmed to return for the final season of Game of Thrones.
- A large chunk of the King’s Landing set was set ablaze. Some green screens were also used on the set.
Did we miss any filming news here? Tell us in the comments. For more details on the Game of Thrones filming visit our filming archives page.
© Wiki Of Thrones