Ever since its confirmation last year, House of The Dragon has caused quite a buzz. Fans all over the world are expecting more news about Game of Thrones spinoffs. So far the big brains at HBO have kept it shut tight, and all we have are rumours from all over the internet. HBO chief Casey Bloys was once again prodded about the possible Game of Thrones spinoff shows currently under works. He has kept mum once again, confirming House of The Dragon is the only prequel to have received the green light.
“The good news is that everything you do [connected with GoT] becomes news. Any script that is in development or script that is pitched becomes news and it inevitably gets reported and people assume they are in production. Only House of The Dragon is in production, the rest is in development, and we will make a decision,” he said during a press event at WarnerMedia headquarters in New York City.
“Nothing else is greenlit but a lot of interesting [projects in] development,” he reiterated.
We know that other than House of The Dragon, there are five Game of Thrones-related projects at work. They include 9 Voyages aka Sea Snake, Flea Bottom, 10,000 Ships and an adaptation of Martin’s Tales of Dunk & Egg novellas at HBO, as well as an animated series at HBO Max.
What are your expectations about House of The Dragon? Talk to us in the comments below!
Game of Thrones celebrated its 10th anniversary on April 17 this year, and fans all over the world were highly excited. The entire month of April was celebrated as the Iron anniversary at HBO. The Iron Anniversary included a range of features and events for Game of Thrones viewers. From personalized HBO Max episode curations, a Game of Thrones ‘MaraThrone‘, and more throughout the month. Many famous brands such as Fabergé and Funko joined the celebrations by releasing special merchandise on the occasion. London’s Leceister Square has decided to join the celebrations, though a little late, but just as amazing. A new tourist attraction was erected at the site and was unveiled by none other than Game of Thrones alum Isaac Hempstead-Wright.
The Game of Thrones actor attended the unveiling of the new statue in Leicester Square on Tuesday (June 22) in London, England. Isaac, who played Bran Stark on the show, even got some fake snow dropped on him during his appearance. The unveiling coincides with the tenth anniversary of the HBO series and is part of Leicester Square’s “Scenes in the Square” trail, which features statues of entertainment icons from the past 100 years. Other statues include Harry Potter, Bugs Bunny, Gene Kelly in Singin’ in the Rain, Mary Poppins and Mr. Bean.
Have you ever been to Leicester Square? Tell us about your experience in the comments below!
Every year, A Song of Ice and Fire fans used to gather at the Con of Thrones to celebrate their love for the land of Westeros. However, due to the raging pandemic, the convention has been hit with cancellation, not once but twice. It was cancelled last year in 2020, as the world was hit with the first wave of coronavirus. Once again, the fan convention has been cancelled, this year in 2021, to avoid the further spread of the virus.
For the second year in a row, Mischief Management has decided to cancel Con of Thrones. This year’s event was due to take place in August, in Orlando, Florida. While things are safer now than they were, the pandemic has had collateral effects.
“While we’re confident that the vaccination rate makes it safer for groups to gather, international travel restrictions and other factors make it so we’re not able to host Con of Thrones at the level that the community has come to expect,” Mischief Management said in a statement on the Con of Thrones website. “We look forward to gathering again soon!”
“We are hard at work reimagining the event for the future, looking at alternative dates and locations so that we can gather again. We’ll keep you updated as these details come together!”
Tickets, autographs, photographs and the like will be refunded, while reservations at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, the official hotel partner of Con of Thrones, will be automatically cancelled.
Would you have liked to visit the Con of Thrones? Tell us in the comments below!
The world is slowly trying to get back on its feet after the events of the Red Wedding year 2020. Nonetheless, people losing their jobs means there is also a rise in crime rates. In times like these, we wish for a superhero to exist in real life. Peter Dinklage, who played Tyrion Lannister on Game of Thrones, has also appeared on various superhero movies. He will now play a superhero himself in the Toxic Avenger reboot. The Toxic Avenger has now found his arch-nemesis, in the form of actor Kevin Bacon.
While details are scant regarding Bacon’s role. If the reboot follows the original film’s plot, it could potentially be that of the city’s corrupt Mayor whose criminal activities are threatened by the Toxic Avenger’s crime-fighting escapades. The filming is set to get underway in Bulgaria later this month.
The story follows a 98-pound weakling who falls into a vat of toxic waste, mutating him into a hulking monstrosity. With his new powers, the now-Toxic Avenger (nicknamed Toxie) protects the people of his town from crime and corruption.
Kevin and Peter have both been a part of the X-Men universe, where they played villainous roles. It would be interesting to see how the former Marvel stars would fit in their new roles in the Toxic Avenger.
Dinklage will also voice-star in the upcoming animated film This Was Our Pact. Are you excited about The Toxic Avenger? Talk to us in the comments below!