In the recent months, we’ve heard the news of Game of Thrones season 8 wrapping up with a grand wrap-up party, cast members discussing their plans after the series ends, and even the confirmation of the of airing schedule by Casey Bloys. But, speculations for the end-game can be made on the basis of what we know so far and the filming details. Today, we bring you all the filming details we know so far [FILMING SPOILERS AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION]:
- Game of Thrones stars Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth), Nathalie Emmanuel (Missandei), Gwendoline Christie (Brienne), Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and more, started showing up in Belfast.
— Rory McCaughley (@Rory_McCaughley) October 22, 2017
- Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Iain Glen (Jorah), Ben Crompton (Dolorous Edd) along with Kit Harington and Gwendoline Christie were spotted in Belfast again.
- Giant Castle Set for Game of Thrones Season 8 was put up at Titanic Studios in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
— Paulo Ross (@paulorossradio) October 25, 2017
- Reports of filming at Wolf Hill Quarry came out, which was used to film the epic Ice Lake Battle in season 7.
- A video revealed trebuchet tests in action on the giant set in the Titanic Quarter in Belfast, Northern Ireland., via @a_red_priestess on Twitter.
— A Red Priestess (@a_red_priestess) November 6, 2017
- A pink sign was spotted near exterior Winterfell set at Moneyglass, Northern Ireland. A new scene with the Unsullied army was reportedly being filmed in Toome, near the Winterfell set. More building constructions at the Titanic Studios.
- Filming at Moneyglass set began in full swing. The set was upgraded with more added walls and reinforcements via @alinastark.
- Filming and green screens were reported at Winterfell set, near Moneyglass studio via Oakleaf Photography.
I was passing by the Winterfell set at Moneyglass so I stopped for a few pics. Looking from the outside in nothing much has changed from my last pics other than a lot of lighting equipment a massive green screen appearing #WinterIsComing #GOT #GameofThrones pic.twitter.com/b5msblwXL1
— Oakleaf Photography (@jct_c) December 11, 2017
- More photos of the giant set at Titanic Studios appeared and a new enormous tower was also seen on the set.
- A report said that a minor character filmed on the Winterfell set at Moneyglass. Director David Nutter was also seen on the set.
- Carice Van Houten who plays Melisandre was reported to be filming. She also shared an update in her Instagram story which was later taken down.
- Some night scenes were being shot at an illuminated Winterfell set at Moneyglass, Toome.
- A mysterious CGI made figure appeared atop King’s Landing set in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
— Stephen McGuckin ⚡️ (@SGuckin) January 20, 2018
- Peter Dinklage(Tyrion Lannister) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark ) were sighted in Belfast. Some new details were revealed about a scene shot in an old set used for the Crypts of Winterfell.
- A shock for Game of Thrones fans: the entire Winterfell set was set ablaze by the production team.
- Several cast members of Game of Thrones were seen together including Iain Glen (Jorah Mormont), Gwendoline Christie and Kristofer Hivju (Tormund Giantsbane) and others.
- Lena Headey(Cersei Lannister) and Kit Harington were seen filming together in Dubrovnik, Croatia along with the actor who plays the Mountain. Lena was seen in a new costume. The director David Nutter along with the producers David and Dan was also seen.
- Giant twin towers were also spotted at the King’s Landing set in Belfast’s Titanic Studio.
- A new set was set up at Magheramorne Quarry, where a giant green screen had been set up. Pictures by Oakleaf photography revealed Unsullied lined up with their spears.
Game of Thrones filming Magheramoren for #GOT8 with major cast members does the zoomed in pic show Jon snow and Daenerys? purple lights must mean the knight king at some stage @WatchersOTWall @WiCnet @GofTNews @GameOfThronesF_ #WinterIsComing #GameofThrones8 @Talking_Thrones pic.twitter.com/ODQogIIM3O
— Oakleaf Photography (@jct_c) March 17, 2018
- GOTlikelocations on twitter reported pink signs appearing around the Linen Mill Studios, along with increased activities around the set which was previously used as a prime location for depicting Riverrun, Winterfell, and the Three-Eyed Raven’s Cave.
- We got shot of the ship set seen back in Season 7 in the scenes where Euron Greyjoy attacked Yara Greyjoy‘s fleet.
A ship on a sea of green. pic.twitter.com/FuC6Q4mIGx
— GoTlike Locations (@GoTlikeLocation) March 21, 2018
Also, a clip of some action sequence was revealed although it can’t be truly said who is involved in it.
A little bit of action pic.twitter.com/C8nudO3J8t
— Davy Orr (@DavynightorrOrr) March 22, 2018
- Fresco Films requested to use the Arena, the Fossa Bestiaria and the Amphitheater Grandstand and Galleries, which confirmed that the Dragonpit scenes will be filmed for season 8.
- Unsullied soldiers were spotted filming at Magheramorne Quarry set. Trebuchets testing was also sighted just like at the set of King’s Landing.
Easter has come to an end in Northern Ireland and filming at Magheramorne might resume once again for one final week. Over the weekend the set was not voided and gave some clue as to why the green screens have these giant dimensions. pic.twitter.com/FheMApWDXB
— GoTlike Locations (@GoTlikeLocation) April 3, 2018
- A huge crossbow in action was spotted at the King’s Landing set, Titanic Studios, Belfast.
- Los Siete Reinos posted pictures of a castle on the set, blood red in colour. The castle was later confirmed to be a part of the Red Keep.
- The filming on the set of Dragonpit started, which was earlier supposed to be shot between April 23rd to May 19th.
- A new leaked footage revealed Unsullied and Dothraki soldiers marching together to a filming location, probably King’s Landing.
- A quick filming by Game of Thrones production team was done. Possibly, we can have a scene or two from the Iron Islands in Season 8.
- Wilf Scolding, the actor who played Rhaegar Targaryen in the seventh shared an image of his in Belfast on his Instagram account.
— A Red Priestess (@a_red_priestess) April 30, 2018
- Main cast members including Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner, Peter Dinklage, and others arrived in Seville, Spain where dragon pit scenes are filmed. The filming was wrapped up on the 18th of May.
- An army of archers was spotted filming on a tower of the giant set of King’s Landing in Titanic Studios, Belfast.
- Hannah Murray (Gilly) finished filming her scenes for the final season of Game of Thrones.
- Dothraki extras were seen mounted on horses, at the Lessans Riding Stables, in an Instagram picture.
— Crown_For_A_King (@Crown_ForAKing) June 8, 2018
- Smoke was seen rising from the set of King’s Landing in Belfast. The castle being used for the Red Keep got repainted.
- The production team returned to a previously used location, Cushendun Caves.
- The production team returned to Magheramorne Quarry for filming more scenes which involved the use of green screens widely.
- Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) confirmed to return for the final season of Game of Thrones.
- A large chunk of the King’s Landing set was set ablaze. Some green screens were also used on the set.
We have already seen lots of great pictures from King's Landing today, so here's just some additions. pic.twitter.com/vCY7PRFMv2
— GoTlike Locations (@GoTlikeLocation) June 25, 2018
- Maisie Williams wrapped up shooting her scenes for the final seasons. Sophie Turner too confirmed this to the Digital Spy.
- The director Miguel Sapochnik confirmed that he has wrapped up filming season 8 of Game of Thrones.
Did we miss any filming news here? Tell us in the comments. For more details on the Game of Thrones filming visit our filming archives page.
Game of Thrones’ Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis) shines in American Dream trailer
Game of Thrones had a long list of lost/underused characters. Fans have often wondered what happened to them, as the books aren’t complete yet. One of them was Michiel Huisman’s Daario Naharis. The handsome lover of Daenerys was last seen in the episode ‘The Winds of Winter’. Daenerys left her brave confidante in Meereen to maintain peace. Even the actor along with the fans waited till the last season for the character to return. Well, we didn’t get to see Daario again, but we can see Huisman return to the big screen. Michiel Huisman is back in action with crime drama American Dream.
Lionsgate has released a trailer for director Janusz Kaminski’s upcoming crime thriller American Dream. The movie stars Luke Bracey and Michiel Huisman as struggling entrepreneurs. They find themselves as the target of a Russian mobster (Nick Stahl) after they refuse his funding offer.
Desperate for cash, entrepreneurs Scott (Luke Bracey, Point Break ) and Nicky (Michiel Huisman) turn to Russian mobster Yuri (Nick Stahl, Sin City). After they refuse the funding he offers, Yuri gets revenge by trying to take over their construction project. The partners are terrified until Nicky’s tough Russian girlfriend Ana (Agnieszka Grochowska) decides to take action herself.
American Dream will air in January 2021. Are you excited about the crime drama? Talk to us in the comments below!
A Weirdwood tree has popped up on the sets of Game of Thrones prequel, Bloodmoon
Game of Thrones prequel series Bloodmoon was ordered by HBO for a pilot, which means that the show is now filming, even though it’s for just one episode. Now, we have previously reported about the show’s ongoing filming, but today we have a familiar development on the sets. Read on!
As you might know, Bloodmoon is filming in Northern Ireland, as we expected it to. We also recently talked about the show’s simultaneous filming at Gaeta, Italy, and how we could have gotten what is possibly the first look at Naomi Watts in her character costume. There was another confirmation of her presence at the Italy shoots:
— naomi watts source (@nwattsource) July 16, 2019
Moving back to the Northern Ireland sets, we have a bigger development. The sets we have seen till now have mostly looked like parts of a big cave rig, and now a Weirwood tree has popped up on the sets:
22/06/2019 Titanic Studios pic.twitter.com/ilsorJByX5
— A Red Priestess (@a_red_priestess) July 16, 2019
We knew the Children of the Forest were going to be a part of the storyline, so as such it’s not a surprise to see a Weirwood tree pop up. What do you guys think? Excited yet? Talk to us in the comments, down below!
Game of Thrones prequel Bloodmoon is filming in Italy
Game of Thrones finally ended after an almost decade long run, and HBO isn’t wasting any time. The first approved prequel series to the show had begun the early stages of production recently, with the working title of ‘Bloodmoon‘. The show had begun filming in Northern Ireland, but reports are now saying that the show is also filming in Italy. Read on!
The official source for Game of Thrones news, Entertainment Weekly revealed that the filming on the pilot episode of the Game of Thrones prequel, Bloodmoon, has “quietly begun” in Northern Ireland. We also had some exclusive pictures of the locations being prepared for filming. Now, filming news for the show is coming from the Italian town of Gaeta, at Grotta del Turco, where the prequel is filming, according to local news outlet Il Messaggero:
— Visit Lazio (@visit_lazio) August 22, 2015
The place matches what we have seen in Northern Ireland, where the filming will be in cave-like environments. A cave rig has also been built at the Titanic Studios at Belfast.
— A Red Priestess (@a_red_priestess) June 10, 2019
This is the first time for Westeros to find a location in Italy, with Spain being the closest it ever got.
In case you don’t remember, the prequel is helmed by Jane Goldman, along with George R. R. Martin. S. J. Clarkson has been hired to direct the pilot. The show has an ensemble cast starring Naomi Watts, Naomi Ackie, Denise Gough, Miranda Richardson, Josh Whitehouse, Jamie Campbell Bower, Sheila Atim, Ivanno Jeremiah, Alex Sharp and Toby Regbo.
The pilot will decide whether the show gets picked up for full production. Bloodmoon is expected to air in late 2020 or early 2021. We’ll be updating you about the prequel as it progresses.
Are you excited yet? Talk to us in the comments, down below!
Game of Thrones’ Kristofer Hivju promotes Audi’s e-car movement
Human activities have always posed a threat to the environment. We often tend to hurt the natural balance for our...
Game of Thrones’ Jason Momoa recalls playing ‘Sober’ on his assistant’s birthday
There are times when people working with you become special to you. When someone is close to you, their birth...
Game of Thrones’ Peter Dinklage to voice-star in animated movie This Was Our Pact
Animated movies have always been pleasurable, regardless of the age-group of the audience. Moreover, if our favourite star is lending...
Carice Van Houten’s indie Czech drama ‘The Affair’ to be released in the USA on March 5
The world is like a sandbox where you draw out your lives. Each of these artworks represents a different story....
Game of Thrones’ Rose Leslie to star in HBO series ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’
Time-Traveling has been the topic of fantasy ever since human beings learned the concept of time and space. Notable authors...
Aidan Gillen criticizes developer over plans to rebrand historic Wilton Square
Historic monuments are relics of the past that serve an aesthetic and educational purpose. They contribute to a country’s economy...
Hafthor Bjornsson shows off impressive deadlifting skills after shredding 110 pounds
Game of Thrones featured some of the most iconic warriors in television history. Among the great warriors of the show,...
Interview2 weeks ago
Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams opens up about Gender Fluidity
News2 weeks ago
Game of Thrones’ Esmé Bianco accuses Marilyn Manson of physical abuse
News2 weeks ago
Game of Thrones stars Rose Leslie and Kit Harington welcome their first child, a baby boy
Interview2 weeks ago
Hafthor Bjornsson wants to fight Tyson Fury after knocking out Eddie Hall
News2 weeks ago
Here’s why Wilko Johnson didn’t return as Ilyn Payne after season 2 of Game of Thrones
General2 weeks ago
Sophie Turner shows off her bold side in new thriller movie Heavy
Interview2 weeks ago
Olivia Cooke talks about Game of Thrones prequel and other upcoming roles
Interview3 days ago
Tim Landers revealed how Game of Thrones opened many doors for him